Salary and Contract
 

SalarySalary

First Year:
Second Year:
Third Year:
Fourth and Fifth Year:

¥3,360,000
¥3,600,000
¥3,900,000
¥3,960,000

The JET Programme salary is enough to live comfortably, travel and save money. The salary increases with each year on the JET Programme. The salary is the same for both ALTs and CIRs.

 

Work Hours & Time Offworkweek

Hours per Week:
35 hours (maximum)

Holidays and Paid Leave:
All Japanese national holidays, plus at least 10 additional discretionary paid days off

The work schedule on the JET Programme allows participants ample time to enjoy life outside work.

 

HousingAccomodation

Housing is usually arranged by the Contracting Organisation. JETs pay their own rent. In some cases, rent is subsidized in part by the Contracting Organisation .

 

TransportationTransportation

Visa:
Work Visa arranged by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Travel to Japan:
Paid for by CLAIR

Travel from Tokyo to Host Prefecture:
Paid for by CLAIR

Commuting Expenses:
Vary by Contracting Organisation.

Return Travel from Japan to Canada (after completion of contract):
Paid for by CLAIR if travel is within one month after completing the contract.

 

Orientation & TrainingTraining

● Pre-Departure Orientation in Canada
● Post-Arrival Orientation in Tokyo
● Mid-Year Training Conferences
● Returner's Conference for Life After JET
● Japanese Correspondence Courses

Training is provided both prior to departure as well as after arrival in Japan. Orientation and training includes: teaching and professional training, Japanese language training, and cultural training. All training is paid for by CLAIR.

 

Medical Insurancemedical

JET Participants and their dependents are covered under National Health Insurance. 70% of medical expenses are covered for illness and injuries, including medicines or medical care supplies. In certain cases, the remaining 30% of medical expenses can also be covered under the JET Accident Insurance Policy.